April!

Goodbye, April. Hello Finals!

The month of April was filled with lesson plans! Preparing our lesson plans, making multiple drafts, and putting so much thought into a document that was just a few pages long taught me so much. I had to make sure my lesson was targeting multiple learning styles, I did a lot of research to make sure I included research-methods to help my lesson, and even as deep as touching on global awareness. 
Preparing my lesson plan helped me improve a lot, but actually practicing my lesson and teaching it taught me even more. Videoing my lesson plan and watching how many times I said "like, um", so" really shocked me. I was able to reflect on my actions and what I was doing to prepare it even better before teaching it.
Teaching my lesson to the class was amazing! It really gave me a peek into my future classroom. There were students who did everything, paid attention, stayed on task, and then there were students who did the exact opposite. I learned how to handle that, how to get students on task and how to keep pushing. 
After teaching, I reflected back on my lesson as well as one of the student teacher's portfolio presentations. I was able to think of future strategies to use, how I would improve, and what I would do next after reviewing my assessments to make sure my students are successful (4a-b). 
Outside of the class, I have continued to learn by volunteering at a local school. I have tutored and mentored quite a few students and I really do believe a lot my skills are being enhanced due to volunteering!

Comments

  1. I really like how you mentioned that doing multiple drafts of the lesson plan helped you with teaching in different learning styles. Also, mentioning global awareness in this was really great to know that you are following your NCTCS. Videotaping the lesson plan really helped all of us assess ourselves and improve as future teachers! It was great to read your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutly loved your lesson plan. You worked so hard on it, and I could tell by how well it was planned out. It is awsome how you volunteer at the local schools becuase it is possible you will be working in the school system after graduation in three years. Great job and I know you be make a wonderful teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your lesson plan, you did a great job. You put a lot of work into your lesson. It amazing you that you already know where you want to be working. You are going to be a wonderful teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good connection to standard 4 - it is all about how we, as teacher, facilitate learning for our students. I am also glad to see that you have found the value of analyzing your own work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

March!

January 2018

February!!