March!

Hello, Spring!
March has been all over the place in my case, quite like the Spring weather! In class this month, I feel even better about my love for teaching. The task and group assignments we complete help me understand the NCTCS so much better since they are broken down. Another thing we covered is EdTPA. Those acronyms mean so much to me now that we have discussed it as a class. Just like you have heard before, EdTPA is like the bar exam for teaching. EdTPA is not just any regular test, it is performance-based. Therefore, all of your questions and comments should be taken care of before you are unable to receive help the way you might need it. One key point that sticks out to me from EdTPA is the cycle of assessment, planning, and instruction (I never put much thought into the relationship between the three before covering it in class). The relationship makes total sense between the three; without one you cannot successfully have another, the three are very dependent. I relate this to when I think about my future classroom. If I notice my students are not grasping the information and do not do well on the assessment, I will know that in the next lesson I will cover the information again and work on the weaker areas of the lesson. A speaker in class today covered this information quite well actually. I was able to relate to her lesson and understand the information better. Another way I understand (besides the hour I spend on twitter reading information) some topics covered in class is by looking up the topic and reading blogs, books, etc.  I cannot wait for next month! 

Comments

  1. The NCTCS was hard to understand at first, but the tasks also helped me understand it more. EdTPA was very overwelming and had lots of information. The cycle of assessment, planning, and instrusction also stood out to me and taught me so much more then I knew. You have a great point about if a teacher does not have one he/she can not have the others. I am so glad you learned so much from EdTPA this month. You will be such a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog. This month has flown by and I can't believe that we are almost to the end! EdTPA is a very complex subject but you explained it very well. When you explained the cycle of assessment, planning, and instruction; I liked how you said that without one, the teacher can not have the others. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree that March has flown by! I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing what information stood out to your from this months lessons! EdTPA was definitely a huge part of this months lessons and has been a huge help for me as well! I've really enjoyed learning about EdTPA and how to incorporate it into my career as a teacher! Cant wait to see what you have to tell us about April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica,
    I am glad to see you have been able to make the connection with the assessment to instruction cycle! This is great to see. Keep applying the principles of this cycle as you move through your courses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 2018

February!!